Saturday, March 3, 2007

The Begining Of The End

As I write this I am so overcome with grief and emotion. I have no idea why I'm trying to express or convey thoughts on this blog but I'll try to sift through my layers and process the best way I know how.

One of my Mom's favorite verses is taken from Psalm 121

I lift up my eyes to the hills-

where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of heaven and earth.

Mom was admitted to the hospital yesterday morning at St. Mary's. Her chest pains were becoming a bit too much to handle. We brought her down and battled the snow storm. The reality of this trip means that Mom's heart is starting to really get tired and worn out. I know that Mom's thinks the same. She struggled through the three hour dialysis treatment last night and she was barely able to sustain the process.

This could very well be her last trip to the hospital before we do bring her home to the farm in order to get her ready for her own homecoming. Until this intersection of the road my prayers have been completely selfish. I've not wanted to let her go and I still don't. However, I am clinging to the joy that Mom has a lot of reunions awaiting her arrival.

Randy (my brother)his wife Jen and me have been able to start the grieving process together and we did just that this morning by reflecting and remembering some great times and moments with Mom. I'll try to do my best to process my journey here. I have more to write and share and will do that once I can cling to one of my Mom's favorite verses I posted above. I will lift my eyes to the hills for the one that wants to provide me help is the same person that actually made the heaven and earth. It doesn't get any bigger or better than that! God help me know and understand that you will not give me more than I will be able to handle today.

MOM I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!






No comments: