Friday, March 23, 2007

A Hard Week...

Mom continues to have an amazing spirit about her. It's really hard to describe or understand. She returned from the Dr.'s yesterday with the news that her shingles have returned. I was so angry and upset at God it's been a hard 24 hours to say the least. Mom reminded me that His ways are higher than our ways...but non the less the realization of what this may mean for Mom and her pain has really overwhelmed me. The sad thing is I don't mean to make this about me cause it's not. I'm only trying to serve and be available for my Mom. I will continue to love on her with the core of my being. I just wish God's voice would be more audible and His hand more present. I'm learning about prayer and trust like I've never embraced before.

I pray that there is a way God can intervene and help with her pain in her legs from the ulcers she has. God please...she has been such a faithful servant to you please pour your blessing down on her life and please give hope, comfort and strength. Know that she is loved beyond measure.

Please help continue to give me the strength I need and a servants heart to journey with my Mom and support her as best I know how. Help me with my belief in you and forgive me for my doubt and fear. Lord help me with my belief and forgive me for my unbelief.

Thank you God for this song. I know it's been on Christian radio a lot lately but for some reason it just found its way into my iPod just yesterday.


John Waller - The Blessing
From the album The Blessing

Chorus:
Let it be said of us
While we walked among the living
Let it be said of us
By the ones we leave behind
Let it be said of us
That we lived to be a blessing for life

Let it be said of us
That we gave to reach the dying
Let it be said of us
By the fruit we leave behind
Let it be said of us
That our legacy is blessing for life

This day
You set life, you set death right before us,
This day
Every blessing and curse is a choice now
And we will choose to be a blessing for life

Let it be said of us
That our hearts belonged to Jesus Let it be said of us
That we spoke the words of life
Let it be said of us
That our heritage is blessing for life

For your Kingdom, for our Children
For the sake of every nation

No comments: